Monday, June 15, 2009

Cucumber Salad with Creamy Parlsey Mint Vinegarette

My garden is producing so many cucumbers! We eat them just like that, with a bit of salt and pepper. Today, though, I had 8 in my veggie bowl, and I know that they wouldn't all get eaten just like that, so I came up with a delicious salad using 4 items from my garden! Cukes, red onions, parsley, and mint. I used organic olive oil and red wine vinegar and homemade yogurt from local raw milk. Here is the recipe (please forgive the approximate amounts):



3 cucumbers, sliced

1 very small red onion, or 1/4 regular sized one, sliced thinly

handful parsley, minced

handful mint, minced

1-2 T red wine vinegar

2-3 T olive oil

3 T plain yogurt

1/4-1/2 t garlic powder

salt and pepper to taste


Place cukes and onions in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, add minced fresh herbs, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and vinegar. Whisk together till combined, then add olive oil in a thin stream (still whisking) till incorporated. Add yogurt and whisk till all combined, nice and creamy. Pour dressing over cukes and onions, mix well (I used a rubber spatula) and transfer to a serving bowl. Refrigerate till ready to eat. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Misty said...

it's great to see you blogging again; i know you're busy w/ all that goes on in summer!! i'm excited to hear about your business idea, and will definitely be praying for that.
your salad sounds super yummy! we love eating cukes just plain w/ salt/pepper as well!

smileymamaT said...

Sounds delicious, looks it too. I am happy and curious about your upcoming plans - it's good to keep details quiet when planning... I agree.. and I am definitely going to include you in thoughts and prayers. It will be a new adventure regardless, and a new chapter with all the kids in school. A change, but a good change. :)

~Sheila~ said...

Wow... I love cucumbers. I can't grow ANYTHING but weeds (and not even the "good" kind).

I plan on trying to grow something. I am thinking about buying soil and designating a little patch in the yard to it...hopefully the dogs won't trample on it.