Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lemony Succotash Salad

Spring fever has gotten a hold of me! I have been craving a bright and fresh cold salad to munch on during this perfect time of year, so I came up with this salad today. It is delicious!

For the salad:
8 oz frozen sweet yellow corn, thawed
8 oz frozen lima beans, thawed
8 oz frozen soybeans, thawed
1 red bell pepper, chopped (or 1/2 of a very large one)
4 green onions,
chopped flat leaf parsley, minced

For the dressing:
zest and juice of two lemons
2 t honey
2 t dijon mustard
dash of garlic powder
sea salt coarse
ground black pepper
1/3-1/2 c olive oil

Mix salad ingredents together in a pretty bowl. : ) In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon through seasoning, then add olive oil in a steady stream while whisking. This will emulsify the ingredients to a beautiful lemony dressing. Pour dressing over salad and stir thoroughly but gently. Let sit in the fridge or eat right away. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Heather Solos said...

This looks great. If my kids weren't on the warpath to erase butter beans (or anything that looked like them) from the face of the earth, I'd serve it tonight. Actually, I'm going to serve it sometime this week, I just don't expect anything remotely positive from their camp.

Balanced Fitness Man said...

That's a very interesting recipe, I'll have to try it soon!