Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy, Busy, Dreadfully Busy....

I read an e-friend's blog where she made her own mozzerella...this interested me so I gathered the ingredients and decided to make some, too! So here are two pics, imagine a gallon of milk being the before...

This is the curd separating from the whey...



The finished project...(I know you're hungry!) with a tomato from Farmer Julie's farm, and basil from my own garden. Tomorrow, some good EVOO with a dash of freshly cracked pepper...

Today I canned some beets, again from Julie's farm.

I have a huge amount of squash that I will can as relish pretty soon....probably Monday afternoon. I just need a couple more ingredients.

I ran out of dishwashing soap today, so I substituted it with a couple of tablespoons baking soda with about a teaspoon of Mrs. Meyers Lavendar all purpose cleaner - it worked great! I have been trying my best to use all natural cleaning products, so I may switch to that. For general cleaning, I have been using a solution of 4 parts water, one part vinegar, and a squirt or two of Dr Bronners Peppermint. It works really well.

I have to git...bedtime!



3 comments:

kediger said...

Okay, now you've one-upped me. :) How in the world did you get your mozzarella to be round? Mine always come out looking a little brain-like, showing the folds. What's your secret?

kediger said...

Thanks for the advice! I will totally do that next time. Your mozzarella just looks so pretty!

Mokihana said...

oh wow, you have fresh tomatoes already. Here in Oregon they're not even blossoming yet~!