Friday, February 20, 2009

SOCKS


Last August, my dear friend gave me a skein of sock yarn for my birthday. I whipped out my first sock, and, true to the second sock syndrome, I knit half the second one and sent it into hibernation for several months. I finally picked it back up this week and finished it today. The pattern is my own (which was scary because I didn't take notes when I knit the first and had to really think to get the second one finished!) and the yarn is SRK On Your Toes by Kertzer. It is a superwash/nylon blend with aloe vera added. Nice. They make my feet happy. : )

5 comments:

Grandma A. said...

ohhh lovely! I knit lots of socks and that second one is hard to get to. But handknit socks are so nice and comfy it's worth the boredom of the second sock!

Mokihana said...

I adore knitting socks! Yours came out just beautifully! Way to go!!!

Mellie_Blogs said...

Thanks, Amy and Mokihana! : )

Misty said...

oh, cute!! i can't even imagine making up my own pattern. i'm still determined to knit a pair of socks, but i frogged my first sock so i apparently have first sock syndrome as well! lol

smileymamaT said...

Hi! I am impressed with your lovely socks. :)
Also I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying the photos and the updates on the hens and roosters. Great job with the pen. It must be a lot of work and you sound so busy, but so happy... I think I would love raising chickens!
And thank you for book referral AND the Ruby slaw recipe, I have just printed it out to try next weekend.