Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chicken Marinade

This week at a local grocery store, split chicken breast was on sale for $.88 a pound! I bought a couple of family packs and froze one and stuck the other in some marinade to prepare for company. I placed all the marinade ingredients into a gallon sized Ziploc bag, shook it around to combine, added the chicken and mushed it around till I could tell that the marinade covered all the chicken. I placed the bag into a tall plastic food storage container and turned it over whenever I thought about it. The chicken came out delicious and here's the recipe (forgive the casual-ness of the amounts):

A good glug of canola/olive oil blend (maybe a third cup)
juice of 2 lemons
a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce (maybe 1 1/2 - 2 T)
a spoonful of jarred minced garlic
a good shake of garlic powder
pepper
sea salt

Place the chicken breast, skin side up, on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 30-45 minutes (I didn't watch the time, just occasionally checked the temp with my meat thermometer). Let sit for a few minutes to let the juices distribute.

This gave the chicken a nice light flavor - I served it with brown rice and asparagus. The asparagus was served with a little shmear of butter and lemon wedges for squeezing.

We ate it all before I thought to take a pic. Sorry!!!!

No comments: