Monday, March 30, 2009

What to do with your oatmeal leftovers

Last night, I soaked one cup of steel cut oats so that the girls could start their first day back to school after spring break with a good hearty breakfast. I drained the oats then added to a pot and covered with water, adding more as needed. When the oats were cooked just right (have you ever had steel cut oats? They are so yummy!) I served them with honey, chopped pecans, and some fresh raw milk. It was so good! I meant to eat the leftovers but time got away from me and they didn't get eaten right away. They coagulated, or solidified, or whatever you call it, so eating them all warm and mushy was not an option. I took out my little non stick frying pan, melted some butter on it and fried the oatmeal in the butter. It came out of the pan in two hunks, so I got two nice fried oatmeal mush patties. I ate them with a smear of butter and some honey. It was good enough to make some intentional leftovers! : )

No comments: