Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bringing Back the Meal Plan

I fell away from doing the weekly menu planning around the beginning of the year sometime. Guess I got busy, or distracted, or something! Since school is (gasp!) three weeks away, and I am about to be gainfully employed (starting Tuesday) I am going to make a huge effort to get my life more organized. This will start, of course, with my menu plan.

For the week of August 2 - August 8, my menu plan (excluding breakfast for now, till school starts) is:

Sunday - salad and baked potato
Monday - baked stuffed zucchini boats, salad
Tuesday - pot roast, potatoes and carrots
Wednesday - posole (my favorite!)
Thursday - grilled chicken and vegetables with wild rice pilaf
Friday - My birthday! I'm not cooking!!!!
Saturday - going to see Julie and Julia followed by dinner at La Madelaine!

Tuesday is a crock pot meal because it is my first day at the new job, starting at 5 PM (followed by 6 AM Wednesday)! The kids, Grandma and Dad will be able to eat dinner and have an easy time of cleaning up.

I will try to remember to take a photo and post the recipe for the baked stuffed zucchini boats tomorrow as I work on it. Think - same kinda filling as in stuffed cabbage or peppers.

My new place to post the menu plans here at home is on my little upright freezer in the kitchen. It is centrally located and highly visible. I write on it with dry erase markers, which easily wash off.

Have a wonderful week! I will post Wednesday to let you know how my first day went!

1 comment:

smileymamaT said...

Sounds like a good menu plan - I need to start doing that again too, I just am not feeling well so I forget sometimes. I used to keep mine of the fridge for a 2-week period. I'd make a rough copy, then I'd shop for the groceries, then if something else was good and on sale, I'd make the final copy depending on what I brought home... Need to start again. You're starting a job tomorrow?! Must be exciting... I imagine you must be doing something you like! :)