Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hard Times in blogging land... Just when I think it's time to get back into blogging, the hard drive in my laptop died. Yup. Dead. I bought the thing in January, without warranty (like a dummy). Right now I am waiting to get it back from our computer guy so I can call HP and see if there is any type of manufacturer's warranty that might help me get this replaced. For now, I get to use a real computer in the evening when my sweetheart gets home from work OR I use my phone (thankful that I just got mobile blogging set up a couple of weeks ago).

On a side note, I saw that there is a Naked Foot 5K in Austin in August....the registration is $35 so I'll be trying to sell some of my wares to raise the money to go. It sounds like a fabulous time for the whole family, and will be after the first week of school. I plan to actually race it and Olivia wants to raise money to do the race too. There will be a free 1K for kids, a whole mile of grass to run, Tarahumara games and competitions, and foot painting for the kids. I don't know how to post a link from text blogging but I'll try to post one when I get on Honey's laptop tonight. Meanwhile, google Naked Foot 5K for more info.

If you live in the area and would like to purchase one of my totally cool recycled feed sack bags ($10) or some farm fresh free range multi colored eggs from happy chickens ($3.50/doz) please let me know!!! Olivia has a face painting/sharpie tattoo business for birthday parties and other special occasions. She has reasonable rates and if you have ever seen her artwork , she is remarkably talented.

Y'all have an awesome day! Peace out!

1 comment:

Mellie_Blogs said...

Update - I just realized the Naked Foot 5K is in September. Good, I have a little more time to practice. :)