Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Christmas hat in January

Danny Jr modeling Uncle Javi's ribbed hat.

The countertop modeling it!

The following is a sock I made using the magic loop method (for the first time!). It is made from some bare knit picks worsted wt that I dyed with Kool-Aid. I made it with Sophia in mind, but it was way too tight for her. Then Danny Jr tried it on and it fit and he loved the way it felt, so I decided to make a match for it and dye the pair in some Lemon Lime Kool-Aid. I am thinking it may end up camo-ish. If anyone out there has a suggestion of a color to use other than green, please leave a comment.

I love the colors already, they remind me of sherbert. I'll post a pic of the finished re-dyed product when it's ready.

1 comment:

Birdwell said...

I think over dying the socks in green will work great. I am glad you were able to get some one to like the socks...:)