Sunday, January 13, 2008

Two FO's in 24 Hours

I finally finished Olivia's socks made with Austermann Step. She's modeling them with Teddy.

After I finished the socks last night, it wasn't quite time for bed, so I cast on this feather and fan lace scarf for my Memere Vienneau's birthday. I just finished it off, so it will go out in the mail tomorrow. It has a long travel ahead - South Texas to New Brunswick, Canada!

Here's a close up of the detail. I really love F&F lace - it is so simple yet elegant. I knit it using Reynold's Opalesce. It practically glows, it is so shimmery. I hope my grandmother will like it!

4 comments:

Anni said...

The scarf is beautiful, Melanie! I'm sure she will love it. And Olivia's feet are cute, too. ;)

Birdwell said...

Love the scarf!!

Brenda said...

beautiful work...that scarf is sooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

AWSOME!!! Love, love, love the scarf. I know your grandma will.
By the way my Birthday is May 6th.
Just forget, if I ever told you and just crossed my mind, ha!
very very scarfberry...