Friday, April 25, 2008

To the Working Moms

I have been a queen bee since giving birth to Olivia in 1998. My work has covered everything from nurse, psychologist, personal chef, house keeper, assistant, foreman, chauffer, referee, coach, teacher, playmate, event planner, launderer, and the list goes on and on....And so....I have been working at You're So Crafty a couple Saturdays a month but this week, I filled in two days. I love the job, and wish I could do it more. HOWEVER! I have gained a great amount of respect for women who work outside the home all day to come home to prepare meals, do homework, give attention, do laundry, etc...Wow. My hat goes off to you. This has really kicked my butt! I don't know how you do it.

1 comment:

Kristen Harrison said...

When I had Cory, I was a single mom within the first year, and so I worked fulltime (or more) his entire childhood. Granted, I was working in Hollywood on my career at the time, but that's another story for another day. When I had Ian, I got to stay home for one year, then had to go back to work. With Katie, so far I've been able to stay home. I ADORE my children, and I love staying home with them, but there is something to the idea that when you work outside the home, you also have some time to be yourself, and not the incredible demands of being a mother. I wouldn't trade it, but I admit, I might like to have a part-time job for a little spending money and a little personal space!

-k