Friday, June 27, 2008

Funky to Not Funky

I have always tried to keep this blog as a forum to share myself, but not wanting to share complaints and negativity, I decided to keep this a happy place.

But this week, I had some....issues....inexplicable, unpredictable, radical swings in my moods. I can think of nothing other than exhaustion and hormones to be the culprit.

At times like this, you would think that I would retreat, converse with God, pray, and focus my thoughts on the positive, cherish the blessings and devise ways to bless God and others. You would think, anyways. Instead, I allowed the negativity to come to a swift boil, blowing the top off of my otherwise positive self. I somehow managed to dwell on the negative, to have a boo-hoo-feel-sorry-for-myself-pity-party.

OK, you are thinking...so if this is a happy place, why this depressing rant about pity parties??? Well, thankfully I was able to turn around. I was able to return my focus to My Heavenly Father, to re-discover the beauty and love that surrounds me. My amazing husband went to every extent to comfort me and shower me with love. My sweet daughter (who bore the brunt of my melt-down) was the first to hug me at my lowest moment, and continued to check on me and love on me every opportunity she had. I experienced the unconditional and affectionate love of the friends I hold dear.

I can say, with all certainty, from the depth of my heart, that I feel restored, after what seemed like a very dark (albeit temporary) place. With the love of my God, support from family and friends, and a couple good nights of rest, I am back from that place, and I am thankful. Very, very thankful.

1 comment:

Misty said...

awwww, hugs..... i need to call you! i will pray He continues to remind you of hos love/presence.