Monday, June 30, 2008

Meal Plan Monday

OK, the person who came up with Meal Plan Monday, please stand up! I saw this somewhere and I am wanting to use the idea, so, if you're out there, please comment me so I can give you proper credit!

Meanwhile, I will begin by posting my menu plan for the week, going retro-active to last night.
In trying to eat more locally, I have been purchasing about 90% of my veggies from Farmer Julie and about 95% of my meat from the local meat market, which butchers its own local meat sources. The rest comes from the local grocery.

Sunday - Tilapia tacos - corn tortillas with breaded fried tilapia (coated in equal parts bread crumbs, corn meal, and flour - these came out exceptionally crisp and light) topped with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and a creamy lime/mayo/avocado sauce.

Monday - Stuffed bell peppers with BLT salad - the peppers were stuffed with organic brown rice and leftover roast from last Friday. Topped with pureed tomatoes and a small bite of cheddar cheese.

Tuesday - Eggplant parmesan with whole grain spaghetti and homemade mozzarella cheese

Wednesday - Carne Guisada with rice and beans, roasted salsa (see previous posts) and home-made flour tortillas

Thursday - Roasted chicken with red potatoes and yellow squash.

Friday - 4th of July celebration at friends' house - I will bring something, don't know what.

Saturday - leftovers and sandwiches.

Join me in Meal Plan Monday, if you wish, and comment me so I can link you...we can inspire each other....Mmmmm Food....

1 comment:

Misty said...

hey mel, i think the menu planning thing is at organizing junky (orgjunky.com i think).