Friday, November 28, 2008

What's in a name?

Last night as we were going to bed, Danny Jr. brought up an interesting subject. All his life (almost 5 years) his nickname has been "Da." It's one of those things that we don't have an explanation for, we just call him Da.

As we were laying in bed, he said, "Mom, I just don't know why everyone has to call me 'Da.' That is not my name, my name is Danny, and I would prefer it if everyone called me Danny." I assured him that I would spread the word and we would honor his wishes and call him Danny from now on.

This morning, we were all hanging out and I told Dad about Danny's wishes, and how cute he was as he explained that he didn't like his nickname anymore. As we were having a little laugh about it, Danny looked at me and said, "I love you, Mom......or should I say.....Melanie?"

: )

No comments: