Saturday, November 29, 2008

Speechless.

While doing my daily blog reading, I came across this quote from The Margins:

“The bread which you do not use is the bread of the hungry; the garment hanging in the wardrobe is the garment of the one who is naked; the shoes you do not wear are the shoes of the one who is barefoot; the money you keep locked away is the money of the poor; the acts of charity you do not perform are so many injustices that you commit.”

St. Basil the Great, from “The Call to Justice” by Dorothy Harris

A great challenge for us to act, don't you think?

2 comments:

Kristen Harrison said...

THAT is food for thought.

-k

Kristen Harrison said...

And a response to your comment about special handshakes with your children... It may not be a secret handshake, but when we are holding hands, I've always done the "squeeze squeeze squeeze" means "I Love You" with my children, as a silent way of telling each other how much we love each other any time we get a chance...