Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday stuff

Greetings! I realize that I haven't been regularly posting. My schedule is a little hectic and I get caught up in mundane things and forget the really important ones, like blogging, hehe!

I have been exercising and really enjoying it. I am also trying to take food preparation a step further and put more effort into healthily feeding my family. I got hooked on making my own pita bread. I use the recipe from Joy of Cooking (an excellent resource!). The family has been eating it like regular bread, which is great. I am also going to switch to making our bread for sandwiches and toast. I have done this before, but I am going to hit it again. I have a renewed desire and skill to do it. I am hoping that the family enjoys it enough to not really miss store bought. There is something great about knowing every thing you put into your body. I just cringe when I read ingredient lists and can't pronounce most of the words. And I can pronounce a lot. So...I'll let you know how that goes in the next couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, on the feathered friend front (OK, say that 5 times fast), our beloved Eddie is turning into a mean little guy. All the chickens we got earlier this year are bigger than him, but he has the biggest attitude. He may take a trip to the feed store. I might look around to see if anyone wants him. I am so sorry about this because he has been a fun pet, but is way too aggressive. We have our three kids plus several others who come on a regular basis. I can't have any animals that aren't kid-friendly. Eddie chased me this morning so bad that I had to whack him with a stick - otherwise, I would have gotten it. UGH.

Well, I had better get on to the menu plan for the week....then off to get some work done before I have to leave again.

*************************************************************************
Sunday - chicken and rice, Asian flavors
Monday - warm pita bread with eggs
tuna salad and egg salad sandwiches
Tuesday - smoothies
meat and beans, rice and tortillas
Wednesday - cereal
Spaghetti and meat sauce
Thursday - smoothie
grilled beef short ribs, mashed potatoes, peas
Friday - toast with butter and jam
toasty sandwiches and chips
Saturday - cereal
TBD

*********************************************
In case you don't hear from me again, have a great week!!!!!!!

1 comment:

smileymamaT said...

Hi there! Good to catch up on your blog... it's been so busy here, sounds like it's been that way at your house too... and sorry to hear you've got an attack-bird :( but maybe someone will want to adopt?? In any case, a happy belated birthday to Olivia (my youngest is 10 and a true goofy joy to me).
Hope you're having a good week!
T