Monday, September 24, 2007

Cryiyiying ....over you......

Misere!

I have been working on a baby sweater to enter into the County Fair (due Wednesday). I completed the back, and was working on the front yesterday. I had this feeling that all wasn't right. Then, looking at my work, I realized that I made two fatal errors. The first one is when I was establishing the set up, I only knit 3 rows of seed stitch rather than 5. The second was ...are you ready for a glimpse of my dinginess?.....I was using the wrong needles. SO that means it was knitting up at about 80% the size of the back. Now I ripped it all back and I don't know what to do now. There goes my fair entry. I will knit my friend a baby sweater (this was for her) that she'll get soon, but just not the way I had planned it. UGH. I know that I will not have the time to finish before Wednesday because it is a time-consuming pattern.

Sigh.

This proves to show that I have no business knitting when I am tired.

Blessings to you and yours.......
: )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Melanie,
don't cry, you can still enter the fair contest.
Why don't you take that turqoise sweater that you were wearing on your Birthday?
It's realy pretty. Think ?
Or you could knitt the baby sweater with no pattern. Quickly.
Hope you feel better soon.
It'll be just fine. Trust me.

very very sssssssssweet

Anonymous said...

So, so sorry, Mellie! I agree that the cute sweater would be a great entry, as well as your sox and Danny's sox.

Tight hug,
Robin