Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Eureka

OK, so I got the heel done. After taking the previous sock photo, I realized that my heel was off center so I had to ribbit. BUT it wasn't far and since I was "getting" the process of it all, it was very easy to fix. I have to say I love love love the way these are turning out and probably will stick with this method. I am already trying to come up with a formula based on the widdershins pattern from knitty so I can adjust to my family's different sizes.
Here is the finished heel, side and back views.

3 comments:

SusanB said...

Looks good! I learned the Magic Loop method a few months ago and like it better than doublepoints.

I started my first toe-up sock last week. I'm using a free pattern from wendyknits.net with a gusset and slip-stitch heel. I added a 2x2 rib pattern.

Unknown said...

Looking really good. I like the colour choice too.

N. Maria said...

Love the way the yarn is patterning!