Friday, September 7, 2007

Finished Sock One




I finished my very first toe up sock on two circs!!!! IT came out really nice, I am ready to start the mate so I can be ready when the temps drop (I have a nice long deadline here in TX! Hehe!)

I went with EZ sew-off bind off and really liked it! I tried the crochet bind off, but it wasn't stretchy enough.


With many thanks to my Aunt Jean (my greatest knitting mentor) I recorded all the adjustments to the Widdershins pattern, all the notes and calculations as well as measurements while it was still fresh in my mind. Now I can accurately duplicate it. I just need to find the right place in the yarn to start so the pattern will match. There was also a post on Socknitters that suggested placing a marker every 10 rows and I found that to be a priceless bit of advice, it will change my knitting forever!!! : )

Chances are, I won't be able to start the next sock till Monday, we have an anniversary party (20 years!!!) to go to and I am making the cake (will post a pic) tomorrow and a BBQ with friends on Sunday afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is ONE beautiful sock. I'm dieing to try the top up, but I'm scared...maybe with your mentorship I can do it.

What yarn and what pattern? (it probably says somewhere else on your blog, but I'm tooooo lazy to scroll..hehe)

Robin

Anonymous said...

In my opion you're going in the wrong direction, I wouldn't even think ablut green, nor the animal print, neither the beige.
The safest way to go is, some basic simple black jeans.
I'm a color expert, by the way.
Try it with black and you'll the that it will work.
other than that
very very strawberry

Anonymous said...

not necesserly a spelling expert,
you "see".
the is one amaising sock
hi five
sabine