Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Goodness Gracious My Brain is on Fire!

OK, well, that may be an exaggeration. It's not on fire, but man does it hurt. My previous wild ways followed by giving birth to three children has done a number on my previously sharp mathematical skills. BUT I finally found a toe up sock pattern with a gusseted slip stitch heel (rather than a short row heel). The problem with the pattern is that it was written for a different gauge than I am knitting. SO I had to get out the old calculator and do some serious problem solving to scale up the pattern to my gauge. This should be easy, only, like I said before, my brain isn't as sharp as it once was. That said, here is the progress on my first toe up sock on 2 circs. I love how it's taking shape!


The pattern I am using is http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTwiddershins.html - it is the most understandable that I have found so far.

No comments: