Thursday, October 4, 2007

Secret of the Stole



This is my swatch for the Secret of the Stole. Phew! I can see my mistakes, but this is my first venture into lace. I also was lucky enough to have a teensy tiny crochet hook for the beads, so I threw a couple in to see how it looks. I am not convinced that I like the red beads BUT I will give it a try. We'll see. It will give a nice contrast. Anyways, since it is my first lace, it's also my first blocking, etc... so this is not the prettiest work I have ever done, but I will stick to it and see. I don't know how far I'll get, either, because the day hint #1 comes out, my mom arrives from Maine for a 9 day visit, so I'll be about a week behind.

On a positive note, this is my first KAL so I am very excited. It is amazing the friendships and warmth that develops when you get a bunch of knitters together, even if it is online.

Y'all have a wonderful day,
Blessings to Ya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe, that this is knitted. It realy looks like crochet. Beautifull.