Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wimberly fun - Alpacas and glass




Today we went to the Old Oaks Ranch in Wimberley TX - it is an alpaca ranch and they spin, weave, teach classes, sell goodies, etc...Here I am with D Jr and Romeo the alpaca and his friend (whose name I don't know!). What tender creatures!

Here is Danny feeding Quan Yen, the baby alpaca.

Here's Olivia feeding her.....

And Sophia........

Then we went to Wimberley Glassworks. In the entrance I saw this real live scorpion. This is the first live scorpion I see in TX since I moved here in '94. The girls at the shop asked if I was from TX, and said they see scorpions all the time, and to not worry about it! I took a pic, though.

Here is the glass artist (what is the word for it???) with his work in the oven. Please forgive the lack of technical terms... we got there 20 minutes before closing, and when they explained the steps, we couldn't really hear them.

Here is the artist with his finished work.

This was such a cool day! Between the ranch and the glass shop, we stopped at the candy store!!! Yeah for the kids!!!!!

We are all really enjoying my mother's visit, and we will be sad to see her leave.

No comments: