Monday, August 18, 2008

Eat Those Veggies!!!

My sweet Olivia is a rather finicky eater. She likes certain things that you wouldn't expect her to and doesn't like things that kids would usually eat. Since I belong to the CSA, I get a good amount of squash. I have been trying for a good year to prepare it in a way that everyone likes. It works if I put it in quick breads, puree and add to sauces (hiding it). I have also tried grilling, sauteeing, stews, etc. Last week, I tried something new...we took the zucchini, qaurtered it, scooped out the seeds. Sophia used a veggie peeler and used it to make ribbons with the zucchini. We put the ribbons in a steamer and steamed till they were lightly cooked....Turns out, this was just the ticket! Everyone ate all their veggies! And loved them! Yes! Veggie success!

No comments: