Wednesday, August 27, 2008

SC and MT and LOVE

I am reading The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. This book is very challenging, indeed! I haven't gotten too far in, but I am in the part where he is in India with Mother Theresa. Before I give you a quote from this chapter, I want to share a couple of things I have read lately (not verbatim, though). A friend posted a note about love....about how important LOVE is - how nothing works without it, how we won't get it right until we do it, how all God wants us to do is LOVE. Before that, I read in my bible reading this morning, Matthew 22:37, 38 - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself.
A little later in the day, reading in IR, I came across this - it's Shane C quoting Mother Theresa - "We can do no great things, just small things with great love. It is not how much you do, but how much love you put into doing it."

Notice a trend, here????

3 comments:

Misty said...

i'm baaaaaack!!! :)
and i'm reading irr.rev too!!! as well as animal, vegetbale, miracle.. have you read it?!?!
can't wait to talk again! i've missed you!

Anonymous said...

All you need is love
da da da da da da da
All you need is love
da da da da da da da
All you need is love love
Love is all you need.
:)

Tim Judkins said...

As I read your blog I was reminded of a movie clip (surprise, surprise!) from Groundhoghow Day. You said "we won't get it right until we do it" and it reminded me of "Phil" who learned to love as he engaged with the people of Pawksatawney. His journey- although one he resisted for a long time- ultimately brought him to the point where he truly DID love Pawksatawney and actually wanted to live there. Learning to Love is the highest and best thing a human can do because it is a DIRECT reflection of our Creator.