Thursday, August 14, 2008

What a day, what a day!!!

Today was quite a day. We started out early - we went to the farm to do the CSA preparation and delivery. We were there about..eh..maybe 15 minutes. Danny usually begs his big sister Oliv to play with him and take him around the farm. About 2-3 minutes after they went (out of my site) I heard a scream! YIKES! As I ran in the direction of the cries, Oliv was running with Danny in her arms towards me! I took him to console him, thinking it was just something minor, but Oliv's hands were full of blood! Upon closer inspection, we discovered an inch long gash on his head. He fell and hit his head on a pool ladder. We promptly packed ourselves up (left the delivery behind) and headed to the ER. Now, Danny stopped crying within about 2 minutes of his fall and was hurting all the way, but didn't cry anymore. We were seen right away, and were out of the hospital with three staples within an hour. He was so big and brave, and didn't cry even when he got the staples. I was so proud of him!

We came home (the girls went with my friends to swim) and snuggled and cuddled...I was giving a good dose of Mommy loving....and I noticed that the air conditioning vents were blowing hot air! The A/C decided to quit on us. Thankfuly it was minor and it is already resolved, but it sure was hot in here. Danny was feeling well enough to get out so we went school supply shopping and to eat at a pizza buffet (cartoons and a/c!). We spent the rest of the time at my sweet Mrs. Ginny's house and now we are home.

I am just really thankful that Danny didn't get hurt worse. (and that our a/c problem was minor!)

No comments: