Sunday, January 18, 2009

Meal Plan for the week

Here's our meal plan for the week:

Sunday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Monday - egg and cheese tacos
Mexican beans with chorizo and greens (and corn bread - at Emily's house)
Tuesday - oatmeal
Ham steaks with cabbage and carrots
Wednesday - banana cereal
Grilled Stuffed burritos (made with leftover MxBwCaG, beef rib meat and rice)
Thursday - Peanut butter and banana toast sandwiches
Grilled sausage, mashed potatoes and cole slaw (or cabbage some way)
Friday - smoothies
Pork tortas (Mexican sandwiches on crusty bread, topped with avocado)

Monday or Tuesday evening, I must will myself to make yogurt. I haven't done that in a long time and we are really missing it. Maybe now that I mentioned it here, I will more likely do it. I have been intending to for weeks.

Tuesday, I plan to saute the spinach I got from the farm with some mushrooms, garlic, and onions to use as a filling for quesadillas for lunch throughout the week. I have some nice white cheese (maybe provolone) that came in last week's cheese ends to go with it.

One day, maybe Wednesday or Thursday, I plan to make more cinnamon rolls. They were so good. I wonder if I can make all the icing ahead and freeze it in little baggies, because I would like to freeze some of the rolls.

Well, that's all my food talk for now. I know this blog has centered around food lately, but I have been finding it hard to find the right words for all the other stuff that's been going on. It is hard to write something when I don't have the words. The good news is , I feel some coming! So, stay tuned!

Love to you....

No comments: