Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday In My Kitchen

Greetings! Thank you for following me this week! Sundays in my kitchen are always BORING. We have a free for all, snack until you drop kind of day. We finish off any leftovers and eat junk that is left over from the week. Since we are following a long two weeks of celebration and eating, we are all sick of sweets (finally!!!) and are craving more savory stuff.

We went out to eat lunch after church today - we were all very hungry and have been wanting to try out the new restaurant near Grandpa's house. It didn't make it to my list of favorites! When we came home I took a long nap to make up for lack of rest and sleep for the last two weeks.

Since there will be no cooking today, I will give you my meal plan for the week. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, as there is friendship bread to bake, kombucha to bottle, soup kitchen volunteering, grocery shopping to do, all added to readjusting to back to school. I am thankful that the kids' extra-curriculars aren't starting back up just yet.

Here's the meal plan -
Sunday - free for all
Monday - 1/2 bagel with jam, poached egg
Posole (Mexican pork and hominy stew)
Tuesday - oatmeal
Smoked pork chop, Crash hot potatoes, corn
Wednesday - cereal
Cauliflower casserole, brown rice, and sausage
Thursday - migas (scrambled eggs and corn tortillas)
Burgers
Friday - smoothies
Beef fajita tacos, pinto beans
Saturday - TBA
OK, then, see you tomorrow!!!!!
***HUGS***

No comments: