Saturday, January 17, 2009

They say it's your birthday

Introducing...the last of my offspring to turn 5 years old!!!! Danny Jr.

This child has always been so full of smiles, laughter, and joy. His eyes are so big and beautiful, they can melt even the hardest of hearts.

Danny is Mr Sushi Boy. For his birthday, we made sushi candy - made with fruit roll ups, rice krispie treats, gummi worms and sour s'getti. Here are the rolls:


And here is his "cake" - a nice big pile of sushi candy. It tasted way better than you'd think! It lasted half as long, too. It went fast!

I can't believe my baby turned 5 today. He has grown so fast - there is never a dull moment in our home. He is the biggest Momma's boy I have ever known, and it is hard to imagine that soon he'll be going off to kindergarten. I have cherished every single moment of being his mom. I love every snuggle and cuddle (which he asks for often!), every deep question and discussion. He is very quick and seems to have a clever answer for everything. He and his sisters have so much fun, and although they have their *moments*, they are quick to forgive each other.
I can hardly remember when he was this little - good grief, was he ever a cute baby!

I am so thankful for this child - and for the laughter and joy that he brings to our family.

Happy Birthday, my sweet big boy! I love you!




1 comment:

smileymamaT said...

Aw, happy belated birthday! I loved that post, "That's how God created me, I'm an eater!" LOL I just love seeing things through kids' eyes.