Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday in my Kitchen

I want to thank you so much for following my kitchen this week. It has been a pleasure sharing with you!

This evening, we had a very simple dinner of broiled beef fajitas, sauteed onions, and beans on corn tortillas, topped with my famous roasted salsa. It is a go-to staple in our home. Everyone loves it and it is light and tasty.

Today I attended a baby shower for a very precious friend. I got pictures of the gals in attendance, but of course I didn't think to take pictures of the food. Yesterday, I made that big batch of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls which were made so that I could take some to the shower. My cinnamon roll loving friend called them the best DAMN cinnamon rolls she ever tasted. And yes, they do make your friends smile...and groan!

Here is my kitchen helper, rolling out the dough...
...and the first three pans of rolls. The other four were in the oven at this time. It was pretty impressive, though, to see all SEVEN pans on the table!
And while the rolls were baking, Turkey said, "Argh!"
Because I was sitting in my kitchen when I finished this sweater, I will show it to you! It's a Baby Surprise Jacket designed by Elizabeth Zimmerman, knit in self striping sock yarn.

Thanks again for spending a week in my kitchen! I am looking forward to spending time in yours. May you have a lovely year in 2009, full of love, laughter, and joy!

Love,

Melanie

1 comment:

Mokihana said...

Great post... I loved the photos, and love the one of your whole family up there!